Download Autel Explorer App
1. Android: Autel explorer – Android Apps on Google Play
Update EVO II Firmware via Over the Air (OTA):
- Power on your aircraft and remote controller, then plug in a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device into the remote controller. Ensure that your mobile device has a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection.
Open the Autel Explorer app and wait about 30-60 seconds as the app checks your aircraft and remote controller firmware version numbers and verifies them with our OTA firmware server. If your EVO II has an outdated firmware version, you will see the following message will appear at the bottom of your screen:
- Tap the blue banner down at the bottom of the screen. You will then see a screen with the new firmware version and its release notes. Proceed to tap Download, this will download the firmware onto your mobile device so you can upload it to your EVO II unit.
- Once the download is complete, tap Start Uploading to upload the firmware update to your EVO II unit.
- Your mobile device is now uploading the firmware to your EVO II. You can check the status of the upload and subsequent firmware update on the built-in screen of your EVO II remote controller.
Update EVO II Firmware via a microSD card:
The other way to update your EVO II’s firmware is via the provided microSD card.
In order to go through this process please follow the following steps:
- Go to https://auteldrones.com/pages/evo-ii-downloads and scroll down to the Firmware section down at the bottom of the page
- Click the blue BIN link on the right-hand side of the section, this will begin the download of the firmware update file
- Locate the firmware update file in the Downloads folder of your Mac or PC (it should be titled similarly to Model-C_FW_V2.X.XX). Highlight the file, then copy it
- Remove the microSD memory card from your EVO II, then insert it into your computer using an
- Paste the firmware update file into the root directory of your microSD card. DO NOT PASTE THE FILE INTO ANY FOLDER ON YOUR microSD CARD.
- Safely eject the microSD card from your Mac or PC and place it inside of your EVO II aircraft
- Power on your aircraft and remote controller. You will now be able to follow the progress of the firmware update on the built-in screen of the remote controller.
- Once the update is complete, reboot your aircraft and remote controller
Verify your EVO II's Firmware:
- Power on your aircraft and remote controller, then plug the remote controller into a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device.
- Open the Autel Explorer app on your mobile device and tap the Camera option.
- In the top right-hand corner, tap the small gear icon. You will now be in your Settings menu.
- Once in the Settings menu, tap the General option at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. Depending on your app version, you may see two different sets of options. Regardless of the menu options, you will want to tap Firmware version next.
- Review the table, which lists version numbers for each specific component in your aircraft. Compare the numbers displayed with the latest version numbers listed on our website, which can be found by visiting www.auteldrones.com/pages/evo-ii-downloads and clicking Version and Release Notes at the bottom of the page. If the numbers match, your firmware is up to date.